The Sun

Today, the sun was shining, I mastered a french test, and I had cranberry-raisins with my lunch. But more than the simple things, I experienced one of those rare days of utterly beautiful and pure communication with a friend. Long talks and runs make all the difference!

There is always a direction of the flesh and a direction of the Spirit in my life. What's more, the direction of the Spirit is often defiled by the intrusion of a "fleshy" direction. A life in the flesh is for me when I claim to be a child of God but continue to let my dark secrets, sins, and struggles define who I am. I do not do the truth. I do not express to the highest of every fiber of my being that my God is light and love and has cancelled my debt and enabled me to begin anew. A Spirit-filled life happens for me when God takes me to a "so far" moment: So far past my own capability and comfort zone that it could only be Him working through me; and that is an amazing witness to others. Finally and most dangerously is a life twisted in the flesh. In my life, this is where in the midst of a "so far" moment, I dictate that which I would like God to do in me. For example, I have never in my life succeeded at composing a song. Though I've tried, I can never seem to convey in a melodious manner the thoughts that come to mind (if any thoughts actually come to my mind. I swear when I get our a pen and paper my neurons quit). So, my tendency is to ask God to stop what He's doing with my other weaknesses and plead that He use me in the failure of my choice. This is not so much a struggle with sin as it is a struggle with contentment and trust.

God is the truest part of my life=God is truly set on loving me through every part of my life=God is worthy of my trust for all of life.

God meant for the content of my life to be what it is=the content was meant=content-ment.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts