My First Blog Post! Oh my!

Wow. I never would've guessed that I would be here... me? A blogger? Well, I've always kept personal journals and just recently been interested in branching out. Now I'm here, open and honest about life in general. Since this is my first post, I'll try to make this concise. I suppose I should welcome you to my blog (I'm welcoming myself also. It's all so new). I suppose I should also inform you of my day. I attended the "Secret Struggles of Women Overcome" tonight in Brock Hall (That is Rudd underground). The thing about listening to these girls share their fears and addictions opened my eyes to the blessings I've experienced in God. I have been mightily preserved and securely hidden in the cleft of my heavenly Father's hand when Satan has tried to steal me away. And then, when I've gone away willingly, God is always pursuing me again. He calls me back with tender mercies and arms of agape. Praise the Lord, oh my soul. What wondrous love is this?

You will also note the title of my blog "Amid the Garden Trees." I chose this title (after long and laborious deliberation) because it is where I am now, and where I'll be until the Lord takes me home. I am smack dab in the center of decision making. There are many trees to choose, most of them are within God's plan for me. However, some of those trees promise knowledge and entice me with various desires; these are the trees that fracture my walk with God. Because I want to be smart, recognized, unique, loved, seen as beautiful, experience adventure, and various other things, the hazardous trees look "pleasing to the eye and good for gaining wisdom" (Gen. 3:6). I stand here in the middle of the garden, often confused, some of the trees look very similar. I don't want to pick the wrong one. But because I'm in the garden, I am assured of God's presence with me. It is a constant struggle to transform terror into trust.

Thank you for experiencing my first blog entry with me!

Comments

Popular Posts