A Time for Personal Composure (my clock reads 3:29)

I'm very happy to be typing, but unfortunately I don't have much to say. Consequently, you will be ready a lot of nothing today. I'm not quite sure if that's better than reading nothing at all; you tell me.

To get you up to date, I received another package today. It was filled with ointments, creams, and pills galore; but it was a package nonetheless. Another thing you should know is that room sign-ups have been indefinitely postponed, and, in addition, the entire Huston dorm is being converted into 3 person rooms. This may or may not effect my ability to get into Arnold since many of the Hustonettes will be running for the extra space Arnold offers.

The sun is high, but my energy is low. Thankfully, I don't have any pressing projects other than English. In the end, pressing projects means pressing on because I can't afford the luxury of pressing pause. Although, to a certain extent, that's what I'm doing right now: Pausing to compose myself.

I've been thinking about summer (there's a shocker) and about how I'll have time to read for fun again. This thought was even sweeter when I remembered the Barnes and Noble gift card I received for Christmas and that this card remains fully loaded for my upcoming hunting season. But what books are out there? Well, that's exactly what I tried to find out last night. And let me tell you, it is a BAD idea to go to amazon.com late at night and search for possible good summer reading material. And the time commitment is even longer if you go to CBD's website. I did both.

I was up until midnight, caught in the momentum of a monumental task. Book after book filled the screen, and though I tried my best to narrow them down by subject or author, there were always too many or not enough. Both led to subsequent searches.

Sadly, I did not find the summer book of my dreams that night, nor did I find my actual dreams. Oh, the ruthless strike of the clock. One, two, three strikes I'm out.

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nap Time...

Comments

Popular Posts