In the Morning

Today, I arose to the sound of, well nothing. It was remarkably peaceful. I switched my iHome to the playlist "Uplifted" and Jeremy Camp's "Give me Jesus" began my day...

In the morning, when I rise (3x)
Give me Jesus. (3x)
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus
.

I breathed a sigh of contentment (Jeremy Camp's "Empty Fire" just came on my playlist this second!!!) and took the day at the pace of an elderly snail. Chocolate Cheerios for breakfast (*mmmm*) and continued my Bible reading in 1 John. I also remembered Psalm 16, which I've been memorizing this last week.

"I will bless the Lord who gives me counsel. At night also my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me, because He is at my right hand I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad; my whole being rejoices. My flesh also rests secure because you will not abandon my soul... You have made known to me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore" (Ps. 16: 7-11)

God is speaking. And I am listening.

Comments

Popular Posts