Walking on Water: 4.0

           
 I grew in stature and faith, and though I couldn’t see it, I knew the ocean was out there. It was on one particularly sunny day of my 16th year when I knew I was ready. Without even blinking, I headed to the east, in a manner that encompassed my certainty. I won both encouraging and critical glances from the people I encountered. Some went as far as to walk a little way with me, advising me to continue seeking. One man accompanied me for 3 hours, Clem. Clem was older than me, and at 5’9’’ he was 8 inches taller. I dare say I would have passed him up by choice but he could not be ignored. I mean, how can you ignore a man who went from a hard run south, to a stand-still stare directly in your direction. Yes, Clem started out peculiar and he stayed pretty consistent throughout our travel together, which is precisely why I am so fond of him. He was the first to know; he didn’t have to ask, he knew intuitively of my goal, and started walking confidently beside me without so much as a “may I?” I smiled.

Comments

Popular Posts