The Verse and the Chorus

Ever feel like you're only a small part of a much larger story? Yes, please.

It is ridiculously overwhelming to believe that my life is MY LIFE. Meaning, of all the things I can attribute significance to, my life is the least likely to merit it. I spend sickeningly many hours pondering what I can do to make a difference... in my own life. I spend tragically few hours considering how my life (in all of it's insignificant glory) might influence someone else's. Insignificance is beautiful. I'm reminded every time I spin carefree under a starry sky, stare mesmerized across a flowered valley, or yell freely from a mountaintop, that it's much more beautiful to be insignificant than to be famous (and I mean that in the least "celebrity" form of the word possible).


"So teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom." —Psalm 90:12


This is a short, insignificant blog post (and blog in general), but that doesn't steal the value from it. Our insignificance holds influence. We are the verses leading to the chorus; the next step in the marathon; the next class in the education; the next recipe in the feast. Live as if your insignificant days were numbered by a significant God who teaches us the beauty of insignificance.

Comments

Popular Posts