Time Management Take II

Last post we talked about how God sets an example of time management for us in the creation account... Let's keep talking about it!

We just left off with point #4: God sequenced His work to create efficiency, and we're now ready to move on to points #5-7.

#5: God evaluated the quality of His work each day

A good way to keep track of your time is to learn how to do what you're doing more efficiently, and that's really the root of this strategy. By reflecting on the quality of your work, you can see what you've done well, what needs improvement, and what you've done that needs to be delegated to someone else (or not done at all!).

#6: God worked with clearly stated goals

Personally, I'm not sure I get this one as much as the rest of them. I do understand, however, that God always knows what He wants. He's a planner and a doer with all of the benefits of a spontaneous dreamer. I guess in the creation account He had a clear goal in mind to create certain things first, second, third, and so on. It's hard to work with clear goals because that requires that you take time to actually create the goals themselves, but having purposed actions is helpful in creating successful products.

#7: God provided for routine maintenance

God doesn't create things and then leave them on their own, nor does He "puppy guard" or "helicopter parent" them. He has implemented such a system that requires His hand to sustain it and yet It requires both stewardship and freedom for growth.


There you have it, a portion of Dr. Myers' personal leadership class in a nutshell. But that's just it, you've only recieved the shell, I haven't even begun to reveal the actual nut yet! Don't worry, though, because before you know it I'll have something else fighting for my attention and I'll create a bigger web of tangled thoughts than I know what to do with. It will only be a matter of time before that web of pensive rambling draws itself out on the pages of this blog.

"My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words.
Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart;
for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body.

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips.
Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.

Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm.
Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.

My son, pay attention to my wisdom, listen well to my words of insight,
that you may maintain discretion and your lips may preserve knowledge."
-Proverbs 4:20-5:2

Comments

Popular Posts