Thanksgiving... And Praise

As some of you may know, I don't get to go home for Thanksgiving this year. I have been searching and seeking various things to do over that holiday but have, unfortunately, found the majority of people I talk to are flying home. I didn't know where I would be and was beginning to accept either staying on campus or hitching a ride awkwardly to North Carolina to be with my cousins, but neither of those options really excited me. Yes, I would love to stay on campus and relax, but I know I would be faced with severe loneliness. Yes, I would love to spend Thanksgiving in North Carolina (where I make many of my most cherished memories and epic adventures!) but I knew I would be at the mercy of a semi-stranger's travel plans.

So there I was this morning, discussing with a friend the fact that both of our Thanksgivings were going to be spent away from our family, when I entered Personality Theory class. As I was socializing (as all college student's do until the professor starts talking, after that, only texting is acceptable...) and the R.A on Arnold 1st (a girl who is SUPER sweet and who is also in my Tue. Night Bible study) threw out the question:

"Does anybody not have a place to go for Thanksgiving?"

Well, as you can imagine, I could scarce believe my ears, much less the timing of the question as my friend and I had just ended our conversation on Thanksgiving options. I turned around to look at her, trying not to sound too excited, and said, "I don't."

"Do you want to come home with me?" She asked.

"I'd love to!" I said, as I was thinking, now where does she live again??? "Where is home for you, again?"

"Memphis. Do you like Black Friday shopping?" She inquired.

"YES!" I responded enthusiastically.

"Good; cause we're going."

And there you have it, the story of how a small-town girl like me wound up getting an invitation to Memphis this Thanksgiving.

"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
For His lovingkindness is everlasting." -Psalm 136:
1

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts