Trust - Sabbath Week Two

This is coming nearly a week "late" but the timing couldn't be any better. I don't know about you, but I particularly need the comfort the reminder to "trust" provides.

Scared? Trust.

Uncertain? Trust.

Panicked? Trust.

Surrounded on all sides by a spirit of doubt and fear? Trust.

Frustrated with a problem you can't seem to solve? Trust.

Trust is not a platitude, but a platform. A foundation by which to move from. We don't so much move "toward" trust as we move "from" it or "with" it. Of course, it often feels like we are moving toward trust, and I'm not saying that's not true, but I know for me it is often more helpful to realize trust is a gift from God that informs my motivations and my movements, not a destination. God is Himself the destination.

All that to say, trust was the focus of last week's Sabbath rest as I continue to practice that this season of Lent. So, if it speaks to you, I invite you to ponder where God is asking you, inviting you, to trust Him more, to accept the gift of trust He is giving You. To ask Him to make it clear to you. etc etc :)

Prov. 3 Verses 5 to 6
[5] Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. [6] In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Comments

Popular Posts