New and Renew Year

Well, the intention of this post is to be short and sweet, but to be a post nonetheless…. which is more than I've done in awhile. The longer you wait between writing, though, the longer the post has to be to completely catch you up to life's current and past events. My goal isn't to catch you up. It's gonna just be to start again.

So this is the new year?

So much promise and newness about this year. I'm honored to be living in it. Last year has involved me tasting "adult" life without "adult" responsibility. I've started working my full-time, 5 day a week job. I've started paying some (not all) bills. I've been repaying loans. I've experienced mundanity so gray and adventure so bright all in the same day, though mundanity typically wins out (it is more sustainable).

I'm pretty stoked about what this next year will hold. A lot is outside my control. Some of it is within (my relative control, ultimately God's sovereignty). I will be finding out in the next 10 days about a few grad schools I've applied to. They'll let me know whether I make it to the interview stage or not. Yup, pretty stoked.

Well, my writing voice and process is not that great the day after NYE… so this is gonna have to suffice until I can get more sleep.

Keep calm and (insert New Year's Resolution here)

Comments

Popular Posts