Unfamiliarity: The New Year's Horizon

"So this is the new year?" a nostalgic Copeland song rings, "and I don't feel any different." This year, that couldn't be farther from the truth. In fact, I don't think I feel anything BUT different. If one word could categorize this last year, it'd be transformation.

I only had one reason to write, and it won't take up very much space. I wanted to say: this Friday is Intern Graduation!!!! Yup, that's where we celebrate our year as interns at Vision of Hope and party it up in the intern apartment, complete with sentimental words and goofy activities.

I honestly can't believe this internship has come to an end so quickly. Well, it seems quickly. Looking back, a lot has happened. It makes sense that a year went by. It just doesn't seem like it. It really feels like I just walked through the house doors and unpacked my stuff. Next week, I'll start re-packing it. I'll use the same suitcases, and make the same 25 hour (but backward) drive.

So this is the new year?

I do have some NYR's (new year's resolutions). I'll probably find time to share those with you tomorrow or Wednesday. For now, you can know I want to plant a garden, and see what grows.

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts