A Long Time Coming. A Short Time Here.

I wanted to write a quick anecdote on my current position in life, especially as my internship with Vision of Hope draws to a close. I don't have a lot of time. I'm actually doing office hours.... but here's a few of my thoughts, which will hopefully trigger (buzzword) yours.

It's been a long time coming: the end of this internship. At the same time, I feel like I just got here. Especially as the cold and desolate weather reflects the conditions of my arrival in Lafayette. Nostalgia hits me like a bank of snow cascading from the roof of a barn. I remember sitting around the conference room table in VOH, with my giant training binder (about the size of 3 pizza boxes stacked on top of each other) in front of me. I remember thinking, "what did I get myself into????"

What, indeed....

After being here almost a year, I see I got myself into

an uncertainty

an intensity

an authority

a friendship

a confrontation

a love

a growth

many trials

an inspiration

an opportunity

an encouragement

an investment

an impact

a 10k

a banquet

a thankful

an early morning and a late night

a busy day

a rewarding job

an expensive challenge

a grounded faith

a struggle

a triumph

a book started

a lesson learned

a lesson taught

a season endured

an adventure taken

a journey begun

There's a lot of things I learned during my time at VOH. Many of them can be read on the VOH blog (especially my time as a resident for a day!). I think the above captures in general everything I feel I'm leaving behind. But in reality, I was never designed to take my past with me. Soon, VOH will be in my past. Not that I can't still invest my prayers and my resources there, but my present will demand my attention. What is that present, you may ask (I certainly am!)? Thought I don't know the specifics yet, I think it will involve pretty much everything I mentioned above, except in Texas.

Goodbye, VOH

Howdy, life

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts