Nostalgia de le Disney

(This is an old list of memories I found on my iPhone that recounts my family's Christmas vacation to Disney World)


Things to Remember from Disney: 


1. We have cheez-it's! 


2. The toll road...Twice 


3. celebration suites: the Murphy bed, the nicest thing in there was the safe, the rickety table I fixed with a Venus embrace magnet. Oh, and beds as small as Alice! 


4. Doing the right thing at France when they didn't ring up my total right. Also, "zis pen eez sick. I srow eet away. Voila!" when the pen I used to sign my name ran out of ink.  


5. Talking with Cyril at the retail store. His eyes lit up and he started speaking like wildfire. Then he realized I wasn't fluent.  


6. Amy asking the morroccan people how to say rabbit in Arabic. Your name, Robert? 


7. The fireworks spot behind rose and crown pub at Epcot.  


8. Riding the front seat in Hulk because of our worker-friend Bethany!  


9. Walking onto splash mountain at midnight cause the lines were so short. The ride picked up a little speed at closing! 


10. Magic Mickey. :shudders:  I'm so glad we didn't go to the princesses! 


11.  Weaving around people and accidentally cutting off someone. That someone just happened to be Kelly Isham! Oops.  


12. Eating at McDonalds for Christmas eve dinner and having cardboard Italian pizza for Christmas dinner. That's all that was open! Accidentally calling grandad for his opinion on the price of pizza. I had my moms phone and forgot we don't have the same "dad" as "dad" in our contacts.  


13. Replying "Epcot" to Bethany's question, "what are you looking forward to doing while you're here?" She meant "universal," I thought she meant "Orlando." I didn't  realize universal and Disney were competitors! 


14. Riding the scary dinosaur ride and having just as much fear as when I was 8.  


15. Getting front row seats to "Finding Nemo" stage performance! Unfortunately, the rest of my family was stuck in the back.  


16. Cutting a family in line and getting called out for it at epcot's spaceship earth.  


17. Watching the dolphins play at the Nemo aquarium. Why do some dolphins have fat tails? 


18. A part of the sack lunches was always left behind...  


19. Eating at earl of sandwiches in downtown Disney.  


20. Getting out of Epcot with an ink tag still on my blanket. The blanket I had been searching for!  


21. Revisiting the tiki room. OHHHHH.... 


22. The lamest ride ever: the jungle cruise. It went on for niles and niles. I guess I was just in de-nile. Oh look, a fake, giant snake. It starts with a "p." Close, it's plastic.  


23. Waiting in line for 75 min. to ride space mountain. Some little Asian kids were playing rock paper smack, except their version somehow involved saliva...




#goodtimes

Comments

  1. 10. I really wanted to do the princesses!!!

    12. My fish and chips for Christmas dinner was delicious!

    22. Lamest ride: captain evo??? You know what I mean. :)

    Best vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great memories! How about the Epcot secret bathroom??

    Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha oh yeah how can you forget captian eo and the secret bathroom?? ;)

    walking to that nike store that was not impressive at all

    monster's inc. Woot.

    Playing different versions of the alphabet game in line for Soarin

    PANDA EXPRESSSSS

    Trying to find Oswald...

    Taking everyone's tickets and running all around the parks to get fast passes

    When mom got separated from all of us on the monorail cus she took the boat...or something?

    Navigationally challenged!

    Waiting in line for winnie the pooh for at least an hour and finally leaving when the smell of child excrement became too unbearable.

    The terrified kid on the tower of terror... "it only goes up and down"

    Bring mom on the tower of terror... it only goes up and down! It's gentle!

    "Excuse me! Tall person!!! uhh...Nathan!"

    Gummy works make a great snack during lines.

    Making up reasons to remember our parking spots. Dinosaur 34! or whatever it was.

    The people that use their children's strollers as freaking bullet bills to clear themselves a path.

    Riding the crappy hippogriff ride and having to borrow that lady's phone to regain contact with our lost family members who didn't want to wait for us...

    Fantasmic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I forgot about the lone boat ride!

      Tower of terror was truly a tower of terror!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts