Knocking and Knowing

I came across a verse in Psalms today. Psalm 37: 5: "Commit your way to the Lord. Trust in Him, and He will act."

Jumping off the "tis so sweet" theme of my recent post, I love and hate learning about trust. I struggle with learning faith because I don't like things "hanging" in the balance; I would rather they be decided one way or the other ASAP. However, I love learning about trust because I am always caught up in the loving arms of my Heavenly Father, as He reassures me He hears my prayers and has a purpose for my life. Specifically, as I've been looking for internships/practicum to do in the summer, I've repeatedly challenged my doubts with the phrase, "God will open the door." I know that my priority is seeking God, and He will provide whatever I'm lacking (i.e., Mat. 6:33).

Knock and what? "the door will be opened." Seek and what? "you will find." (Mat. 7:7)

Please pray that I would believe in God's goodness increasingly more as I seek Him and His plan(s) for my life.



Comments

Popular Posts