In His Word

I've realized lately one reason I don't write about what I've been learning in my quiet times: I haven't been personally applying the truths. You see, I'm doing a Beth Moore Bible study, which has been fantastic, but it's easy to be spoon fed. I haven't kept up as much in my personal Bible reading (or using commentaries, or taking notes, or annotating, or the like). I really miss making connections, seeing context, and interpreting. Oh, how little time there is to prioritize.

Despite receiving a lot of my spiritual encouragement from a book, I have seen a lot in my life change, particularly my attitudes. I'm realizing that I don't live like I believe God has my best in mind. I am convinced that what's best for me falls by the wayside as He accomplishes what's best for Him, and what's best for Him just-so-happens to bless the people around me (but not me).

I think back to the "crumbs of God" message my dad gave several months ago. God's mercy is so great, that even a drop from His fingertips is enough to transform my entire life. I just have to wait at His feet and hope in His providence.

"I wait for the Lord, my soul does wait, and in His Word do I hope."

-Psalm 130:5





Comments

Popular Posts