Sunday Savvy

Coupons. I never knew that word would come to elicit emotions such as anticipation, reactions such as quickened heart-beat, and scenarios such as "beat or be beaten" to the prize!

Yes, most of my day was spent (either in thought or action) toward collecting coupons. I tried several different places around campus (stopping for a fraction of a second when I saw the "cardboard and paper only" dumpster) looking for coupons, but to no avail. They were already taken by the time I got there.

On the bright side, I think I was successful at getting a free-trial beauty bag from Target.com. :)

At church, the Pastor was continuing his interpretation of Ruth. I say "his" interpretation significantly, but respectfully. What he says always makes me want to examine the text for myself, which I guess is a good thing. On the other hand, I'm continuously questioning the validity and relevancy of his deductions. Perhaps such inquisition is just a side effect of being a college student!

"Thus says the Lord: 'Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight,' declares the Lord.”


-Jeremiah 9:23-24


Comments

Popular Posts