Response

Today, I completed the last day of my Bible study. I'm left a little sad that I'm done. However, I've enjoyed reflecting on the semester, lessons learned, and how many things "coincidental" turned out to be providential in hindsight.

It's hard to capture my semester journey in a limited space, where mere words will never suffice in representing far more than vocabulary should ever be asked to communicate. I pray that what I've learned this semester would never leave me, that I would be free from what's been demanding my allegiance for far too long. Free from captivity to sin only to be bound forever to God, my perfect, good, and tender stronghold (Psalm 27:1). I pray that I would keep scripture close to me, and that God's presence would be my utmost desire—stronger than my feelings to pursue it. I pray that this change is not one resulting merely from my current circumstances. Rather, I pray that it is a permanent divine intervention. I pray the Lord will bless me and keep me.

Freed from captivity; devoted to Him.

Here's Beth Moore's closing poem, I added my own parentheses to the portions that spoke most to me:

O, God, Who frees the captive,
Do not liberate this carnal slave for freedom's sake,
For I will surely wing my flight to another thorny land.
Break, instead, each evil bond,
And rub my swollen wrists.
Then, take me prisoner to Your will.
(Enslaved in Your safekeeping.)

(O, God, Who ushers light into the darkness,
Do not release me to the light,
To only see myself.
Cast the light of my liberation upon Your face,
And be Though my vision.)
Do not hand me over,
To the quest of greater knowledge.
(Make Your Word a lamp unto my feet,
And a light unto my path,
And lead me to Your dwelling.)

(O, God, Who lifts the grieving head,
Blow away the ashes,
But let Your gentle hand upon my brow,
Be my only crown of beauty.)
Comfort me so deeply,
My Healer,
That I seek no other comfort.

O, God, Who loves the human soul,
Too much to let it go,
So thoroughly impose Yourself,
Into the heaps and depths of my life,
That nothing remains undisturbed.
Plow this life, Lord,
Until everything You overturn,
Becomes a fertile soil.
Then, plant me, O God,
In the vast plain of Your love.
Grow me, strengthen me,
And do not lift Your pressing hand,
Until it can boastfully unveil,
A display of Your splendor.

Comments

  1. great ending post to a great semester. i'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts