Both In and Out of Season


"A lament, at first, a honeymoon,
the horrid newness
an unwelcome balm,
soothing the inevitable shadow of loss
which all too soon
settles on the enduring soul.
Building its walls
that don't yet feel like home."

-Grief

For those of you who know me, you know that I can go in and out of seasons of doubt, melancholy, and disenchantment. I'm learning to embrace these seasons without fear of being stuck in them. I know they come and I know they go. I'm actually in some ways glad for them, because they teach me by experience some of what the Apostle Paul wrote about in Philippians 4:

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through Him who gives me strength."

Comments

Popular Posts