Walking on Water: 1.0


Walking in Water: My Spiritual Journey

            Imagine if all the knowledge and love of God were contained in an ocean. Imagine also that the whole world was the surrounding beach. Spiritually speaking, this is the reality for all of us: Our presence on the sandy shore, and our consequent filthiness, is our seemingly inescapable habitat, yet still for the ocean that is waiting to cleanse us. Like all of us, I was born into this environment. The sand covered my infant frame and clouded my eyes even as I first opened them to the world. Throughout my childhood, I remained covered from head to toe in sand, no matter what strategy I used to try to rid myself of it. One day, I learned that nothing I could do would be enough to eradicate the grain from my skin, much less my heart.

Comments

Popular Posts