Yearly

In case you're wondering, I'm another year older today. This event is commonly referred to as one's "birthday." Much to my friends' and family's chagrin, I'm not doing anything special today, To my suprise, the day has itself turned special through the acts and intentions of previously chagrined friends and family! This day is more than a day, it's the mark of a year, both end and beginning. In my year as a 21 year old, I learned a lot of things... at least 22 in fact! I'd like to share them with you.

1) Index cards with memory verses on them are a working girl's best friend

2) Fully-caffeneited coffee makes me nauseous when I drink it daily... so I buy decaf espresso and get funny looks. It's worth it.

3) I am capable of finishing a journal, but not before starting several others!

4) Suffering is grace

5) Chiropractor's scare me,

6) so do tanning booths.

7) Humility involves honesty

8) I like working with food even less than working with retail... but I love working with people!

9) I have increased my confidence and competency in lawn care, including mowers, sprinklers, gardening, and mulching!

10) Milk makes my skin break out, but I'm not allergic to it

11) I can jump from the ground to the slackline

12) The truth will set you free... The Holy Spirit is of grace and truth... where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty

13) Pressure to grow and change is a uniquely Christian experience

14) Doubt is not the enemy of faith, arrogance is.

15) Instruction preceds wisdom, but is often accompanied by confusion/frustration

16) Mercy is different than grace. WIsdom is not wisdom without mercy. Mercy is gentle.

17) One cannot seek justice without loving mercy (juxtiposition in Micah 6:8)

18) Writing and I have a love/hate relationship when time is thrown in the mix

19) Concealing a matter forfeits the opportunity to receive mercy.

20) Discretion is easier said than done.

21) I am, indeed, sensitive. Still reason-oriented.

22) I don't like the taste of beer

Farewell 21, it's been nice being you. Hello 22, you have a lot to live up to!

Comments

Popular Posts