Love and Give

This Easter sunday, Pastor Viars of Faith church (where I am currently a member) spoke on John 3:16; yes THE John 3:16. This is otherwise known as the most famous verse in the Bible. You'd think my cynicism would be all over that, and in the end I'd pick out more flaws than truths and do away with the entire sermon. Yet, this wasn't the case. 

As I was taking notes of the sermon (since, despite my cynicism, I am a firm believer that you can get something out of anything) I was intrigued by the seemingly inseparable link between "loving" and "giving." For God so LOVED that He GAVE. There are other passages  with this link as well (Eph 5:2;25 and Romans 12:10, for example). Yet, there is the parallel, that if we give without love, it's meaningless (1 Corinthians 13:3). 

Lots to tease out, but I haven't the time. So, here's a little taste of love, and I will give it more thought soon. 

Have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts