Will you be Mine, Belated?

Well, V-day has come and gone, with little-to-no pain in it's wake. I, for one, am glad. When Valentine's day was approaching, I decided to write a poem (of course). Ok, ok, I didn't actually compose it, I transposed it from one of the best poets I know, David (aka the Psalmist). So, props to The Psalmist for the prose, and to God for the inspiration. 

It's a rehash of Psalm 23, but instead of a sheep talking of his shepherd, it's a Beloved talking to her Lover (Song of Solomon reference, please don't take this as a license to make Jesus your boyfriend. I am NOT for "dating Jesus," in case you had any doubts). Hope you like it:

Psalm 23
A poem of Rachel

God is the love of my life, 
what else could I desire?
He is my contentment and peace;
 yes, He, himself quiets me with His love.
Wherein this kind of love my soul finds rest. 

God, my God, leads me in the ways of purity. 
In my steps of obedience, 
He makes a name for Himself.
Though wickedness, immorality, perversion, 
and twisted love stories surround me,
I fear not.
I'm spoken for. I'm loved.
Your touch, and your tenderness, they comfort me.

God, You are always prepared: 
ready with a set table,
 to host me, provide for me, and enjoy my company; 
even on my worst days! 
You have chosen me and marked me,
 especially as Your own.

This love is too much for me!
I am convinced, 
neither height, nor depth, 
nor anything else in all creation,
can separate me from Your love. 
Your love never fails.
I am enraptured;
 I get to spend an eternity,
 being loved, and returning the favor.


Comments

  1. cool. i think i might read this is class...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts