Bless the Lord

Sunday morning brings a new day, but more new than any monday or wednesday could claim to be. It is a day of refreshment, a day of reckoning, a day of praise, a day anew. On this day anew, I find myself about to drive to Westwood Bible Church. I was getting out my keys when I thought of praise, and how natural it comes, though it is often taken for granted. It is marvelous to see even the oldest (or youngest) of friends enjoy a song, because deep down we all know it strikes a harmonious chord with us. Something about song, rhythm, and voices blended together in symphony makes me join in; it makes me take joy in life and in praise. So, as my time is up and church will not delay for a humble blogger like myself, I leave you with the challenge to not simply sing the song because it is enjoyable or easy. Instead, use your love of a community tune to bless your Lord.

"Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name" (Psalm 103:1).

Comments

Popular Posts